Can you guess my favorite movie? “When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I’m feeling sad… I just simply remember my favorite things, and then I don’t feel so bad.” It’s the time of year to cuddle up by the fireplace and appreciate the good stuff in life. But instead of counting your blessings, why not make a list? Here are a few of my favorite things:
- Favorite color? Lavender
- Favorite animal? The fluffy dog that I see sometimes in the hallway outside my apartment.
- Favorite part of getting older? Actually, I don’t think I have a favorite part (I jest). I would say my memories.
- Favorite season? There’s something really good about every season. In the fall, I look out my window and see different colors in the trees, and in winter the trees bend over because they have so much snow on them. So I like them all. There’s something nice about each one.
- Favorite fruit? Peaches from Colorado (my mother used to can those). And apples. I eat a lot of applesauce. I think that comes from having 33 apple trees in the backyard of my childhood home. We also had 18 plum trees and some grapevines.
- Favorite veggie? Carrots.
- Favorite dessert? Pumpkin pie.
- Favorite flower? Crocuses in the spring. They used to bloom all over the hills where I lived.
- Favorite sport to play? Bowling and golf. I once got a hole in one, and my biggest score in bowling was 225. I like both of those games.
- Favorite movie? The Sound of Music.
- Favorite movie genre? I don’t like too much of that drama business.
- Favorite song? “How Lucky You Are.” I used to sing it to my husband and I sang it to my granddaughter when she got married. I sang it in front of 200 people at her wedding!
- Favorite outdoor winter activity? Ice skating. We used to put our skates on at home and then walk across Highway 61 to skate at the swamp.
- Favorite outdoor summer activity? Playing golf and hiking.
- Favorite part of being Minnesotan? We have all the seasons. We also have some really good lakes and I’ve caught a lot of fish in them.
What are some of YOUR favorite things? Leave a comment below! Thanks for stopping by.