SIXTY THOUSAND Minnesotans turn 65 this year, next year and every year through 2030. Soon, 25% of our adult population will be 65 or older. We must prepare so that today’s and tomorrow’s seniors have the support they need to live well.
In order to be prepared, it’s critical that families, communities and lawmakers understand how senior care works in Minnesota. Realities such as the rising demand for services and the chronic shortage of professional caregivers must be a part of the conversation and the solutions we create together.
We hope you will explore our comprehensive fact sheet along with our short summaries of each topic:
- The senior population boom
- The rising demand for senior services
- The care options available to seniors
- The State of Minnesota’s role in funding senior care
- The community-based services available for seniors
- The shortage of professional caregivers
It’s going to take all of us — family members, neighbors, legislators and friends — to ensure a high quality of life for Minnesota’s growing senior population. It starts with being informed, so please share!